Friday, January 10, 2014

The turtles


The quilted turtles block


Again Mc Kenna Ryan chose excellent fabrics for the turtle.
Just look at the shell and the lighter spot on top.





The scallop shell includes a dark background and eight  lighter parts. 


Even though I tried to keep the fabric flat during the quilting process, there was an excess of fabric.


I hoped to correct that by quilting some curly waves.


It didn't work out the way I wanted.
After the next phase I will decide if I need to do something about it.

In the next phase I want to add sashing strips between and around the six blocks.
After that embellishments will be added.






9 comments:

  1. The pattern in the fabric has been used to great advantage. Apart from the turtles and shells, the bottom of the sea is so nice. I am sure you will work out the problem with the puffy area. Looking forward to following your work.
    Have a great year, 2014.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am just amazed at how beautiful everything looks with the fabrics you are using. This is stunning dear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thi is a wonderful piece of creativity, it must be one of the most beautiful blocks I have ever seen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its beautiful - quite stunning
    Julie xxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful and great Work.
    The turtles seem to be swimming really, and I love the choise of fabric!!!!
    Happy weekend Dear Marjolein!!!
    Morena

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with Margaret - just beautiful - absolutely - your work is magnificent - the colors and shades on the turtles' fins/legs is wonderful :) (and your stitching and sewing incredibly beautiful!) thank you always for sharing your work - a great inspiration to me (us) always

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous art quilt! The fabrics and colours you chose are perfect.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. I love reading your comments. I would like to reply, so please make sure Blogger has your email.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...