Last time I blogged about a new project: the Royal Persian Blossom. I wanted to work on that beautiful project, but something else came up.
At the moment we are busy redecorating our house. The first thing we changed were the chairs at our dining room table. The old ones wobbled and creaked a lot. These are the new ones.
The table cloth is a plastic one, very handy but the plastic material doesn't harmonize with the fabric of the chairs.
The naked table fits much better, but it needs something.
Fortunately I had the right fabrics in my stash, creams and browns.
I bought them for a project I never started.
In a magazine I found this design. The curves intrigued me from the first time I saw it.
The whole design is constructed with one single shape.
First I sewed little triangles consisting of three shapes, then four little triangles are joined to form one big triangle.
Six big triangles form a sort of flower shape.
The plan is to join two flower shapes and smaller cream triangles. Together they will cover the largest part of the table.
This change of chairs is the first in a long row of changes. The following months will be filled with painting, making curtains, changing floor covering, and so on.
When that job is done, we plan to have a puppy dog. Our former golden retriever passed away last December. After a lot of doubts we decided to have another one.
All these plans mean that there is less time for needlework and blogging.
I am really looking forward to work on all the small and big jobs that have to get done.
The work will give a lot of satisfaction and after that...... the reward......a golden puppy dog;-)