Sunday, June 16, 2013

Fall again


Last time I talked about the Crazy Fall Quilt, it looked like this.
The first thing I want to add at the top is a gold vine with lacy leaves. 


As these black leaves aren't very visible on the black background I'll add a gold shiny fabric. 
I have two possible fabrics in my stash. A plain gold on the right and a textured one on the left.


I cut two leaf shaped pieces to make it easier to choose. 
At the top of the quilt I liked the right one better.


The leaf on this picture looks different in reality, more like the Kreinik thread.
The Kreinik is gold with a mixture of other colors, exactly as the fabric.


Next I made a rough sketch of the vine.


Possible placement of the leaves.


Here the Kreinik thread is couched on with a thin gold metallic thread.



5 comments:

  1. Stunning with the gold over black fabric and then the black lace leaves over the gold fabric. I really like your choices of fabrics. Blissful Stitching Dear...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the black and golden leaves will look great on the black background. This quilt is made up of a lot of interesting details.

    ReplyDelete
  3. a like the patchwork pattern on this crazy quilt and adding the black and gold is going to work so very well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Black and gold...Beautiful idea!!!!
    Lot a kisses and happy new week Marjolein.
    Morena

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are advancing so beautifully, Marjolein.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. I love reading your comments. I would like to reply, so please make sure Blogger has your email.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...