This blackwork butterfly is a design by Tanja Berlin. It was in a previous issue of "Inspirations".
I ordered the kit and finished the embroidery some years ago. And then....it waited and waited to get finished off.
I also had this ugly binder. I tore the metal binder part out (does this make sense?). The hole that was left behind is still visible at the bottom.
I decided that the ugly binder needed a nice cover including the butterfly.
I took step by step pictures, but they turned out very vague because of the black fabric, so I left them out. Sorry about that!
This firm fabric is not entirely black but there is a shimmer of gold. That makes is a perfect background for the butterfly.
I wanted two pockets in the cover. This is the right side. A big pocket to store books.
The "bottom" is about 6 cm wide.
The left side has a smaller pockets for papers.
Stabilizer is ironed on and the pale pink fabric will act as lining.
The lining is sewed on by hand.
Around the embroidery I sewed a border with mitered corners.
At the bottom left there is a very special item....the zipper of my sweater.
The finished cover with content
This is my last post before the holidays.
I'm off to enjoy the summer months.