Sunday, May 5, 2013

Sophie's Sewing Set


Have you ever heard of Faeries in my Garden? It is an Australian shop that sells the most wonderful and romantic sewing/quilting/embroidery kits. This picture shows Sophie's Sewing Set.
Of course I couldn't resist and ordered the kit. 
I have a good reason though: this kit will improve my sewing skills on my dear Bernina.


Three different rose fabrics and a large piece of homespun at the top.
Also a panel with the most beautiful rose motives was included. Sorry, I forgot to take a picture of the panel.
All the motives on the panel appear on the different sewing items.


This is an embroidery block album, it is 11,5" wide and 12" high.
I'm not sure what it's purpose is. I suppose it can store a piece of embroidery. If anyone knows, please tell me.


On the backside of the front is a pocket. Two pages of batting are inside. Around the edges I worked a row of blanket stitches. 


This is the back side. 


This is a covered tape measure. I think I must be careful not to pull too far when using the tape measure. It won't roll up by itself ;-) Cretan stitches hide the hand sewed seams perfectly.


This stitcher's pillow is meant to lay it down on your lap. It can be used to rest your embroidery on as you stitch. 


The backside is even prettier.


Here it is sitting on our couch, the colors match perfectly but it is too small (8,5" x 9").

Sophie's Sewing Set also includes a little hanging heart. Instead of that hanging heart I'm thinking about creating a CQ heart shaped cushion of the remnants of the fabrics.





14 comments:

  1. No wonder you couldn't resist! It's lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. back when I was a young girl we used the book to so the stitches so we would always have a guide of them..
    I love this set.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oops to SHOW the stitches.. it should read

    ReplyDelete
  4. How very feminine and romantic! Your Bernina will be pleased!
    I am afraid I don't know what a Block album is, but could it be like a design wall? The 'pages' are flannel where patchwork pieces could cling and be arranged before you decide on how to stitch them together?

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are lovely! Thank you for the link too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a delightful buy you found, they are lovely pieces but afraid I do not know what the album is for other than to look so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, all is so cute!!!
    Thanks dear Marjolein for the the link!!
    Happy new week.
    Morena

    ReplyDelete
  8. Did you really sew all this - then you must have been more than busy - it is pure romanticism - no wonder that we like it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sono dei tessuti meravigliosi così come lo sono le cose hai cucito.
    Una bellissima settimana a te, Assunta.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's so beautiful! Love the fabrics. I use a stitching pillow, too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I turned out beautiful! The fabrics give it such a vintage feel and look.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sophie's Sewing Set is lovely. I think in your stitching you have made it even more beautiful. Blissful...

    ReplyDelete
  13. The block album is to keep completed blocks flat, as you finish them...lets say for a quilt, whether embroidered , pieced or appliquéd.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. I love reading your comments. I would like to reply, so please make sure Blogger has your email.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...