Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Gold and a template download


In this quilt there are two types of fabric: plain black and orange/yellow patterned fabrics.
The patterned fabrics speak for themselves and I don't want to add much embellishments.
The only embellishment I'll add is gold. Gold and lace are the joining elements in this project.


I want to outline the shapes in the patterned fabrics with a thin golden metallic thread. 
To decide what stitch to use I tested stem stitch (left), running stitch (middle) and whipped running stitch (right). The stem stitch won the competition.


Finished curve.


The gold adds just enough.


I have drawn the design with Inkscape, a  free vector drawing program.
You can download the PDF here.





7 comments:

  1. This is going to look so lovely! Adding the gold stitching really makes it pop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have me intrigued. The gold thread stitching is just the right addition to bright busy orange fabrics against the black. Blissful Stitching Dear...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with the two comments above; the gold thread works wonders, by both enhancing and 'calming' the busy prints.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is going to be so lovely. The stitching is simple and elegant with the use of the gold thread.

    ReplyDelete
  5. the contrast of the black fabric works beautifully with your patterns.Tried to download the pdf but it says I need permission, think an email has been sent to you requesting it, will wait and see what happens.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks like a really interesting project!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes! This is going to be stunning!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. I love reading your comments. I would like to reply, so please make sure Blogger has your email.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...