Saturday, March 16, 2013

The brown dune and the sea



These are parts of real shells I found at the beach.
I cut a tiny piece of plastic, pricked two holes and pulled thread through.


Next I glued the plastic to the shells.
All I have to do now is fasten the threads.





Loose french knots and drizzle stitches made with a variegated DMC floss and of loose threads of the fringe trim.


I thought the herringbone stitches on top of the dune could represent the sunlight on the top.
Later on I removed them.


More buttonhole stitches to create movement in the sea (hm....actually to hide the seam).

All about the "Message in a bottle challenge" can be found here.

10 comments:

  1. this new section has worked amazingly, the colours all blend together so very well

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a tease only showing that pretty little bit!...lol...looks so good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How did you get the shells to stay on? Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Suztats is right, you ARE a tease! All the details are looking good, and I too, am wondering how you made the shells stay on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. that's beautiful, it's looking amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. NEAT! That is the only thing I can say about how you have fixed the shells to the fabric! Thanks for the tip. I learn so much from this wonderful Dutch teacher!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Marjolein this is called "Touched ARTIST"
    BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Happy new week.
    Kisses.
    Morena

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have been remiss in visiting - the shells really add pizazz!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adding real shells is terrific! Can't wait to see more or your beautiful piece!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I missed this post somehow and am so glad you referred back to it today. Your method of attaching the shells is brilliant. This is lovely. Blissful Stitching Dear...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. I love reading your comments. I would like to reply, so please make sure Blogger has your email.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...