Sunday, March 10, 2013

Hairy growth


In the challenge package was this special "hairy" fabric. The color was suitable for clouds, but because of the hairs I didn't want to use it that way. 
What to do with it??? It took some time before I knew.


Plants and shrubs can have many different appearances. 
Why not cut circles..


make running stitches....


...and pull till it is a ball...


...fasten them...and you end with hairy growth.


Look at this trim. It consists of loose threads, some of them have ears in different colors.


I cut the ears with stem and couched them down on this boulder. 


Irregular fly stitches with a variegated DMC floss are added to represent grass.


From a mud colored perle 8 I made this net. It helps to blend the two different parts of the beach.

All about the "Message in a bottle challenge" can be found here.




8 comments:

  1. You are so resourceful! I love what you have made with the 'odd' fabric, trim and mud coloured perle!
    Looking forward to the unveunveiling of this piece of art.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really admire your creativity and I am always looking forward to seeing what you come up with next :)
    This will become a wonderful piece of art!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderfully creative ideas for using those elements, Marjolein. It's so fun watching it all come together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very clever. I like the way you deconstructed the eyelash trim. Actually I like the trim before you deconstructed it, but the 'after' is a great idea for using the stuff, of which I have plenty.

    The whole thing is coming together nicely. Well done you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh you are a clever and resourceful stitcherer. I adore how you have used your challenges and created wonderful elements that truly fit the "Message in a Bottle" theme. Happy Hearts are Creative Hearts...

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is getting better and better. I like the bushes - how you invented them. And the loose threads for plants. I am so delighted with your creativeness.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Incredible demonstration of inventive ways to create using various fibers! Well done...

    ReplyDelete
  8. we never know what you will come up with next but you always bring another wonderful feature to your message in a bottle challenge and once again you have not disappointed us.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. I love reading your comments. I would like to reply, so please make sure Blogger has your email.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...