Friday, February 1, 2013

Waves: part I


In the challenge package were two plain sea green fabrics and one with a vague pattern. Fortunately a part of the vague pattern had the right dark sea green color.  
Both pieces are hand sewed onto the background.


I made some small waves by sewing folds.
I learned from studying pictures that the sea is darker at the horizon.


The second plain sea green fabric has been cut.
Here is the lace trim. Does it look like foam on the waves or not?


It took some time to figure out where was the right place to sew the trim on...


....as waves in a distance have only little foam. The invisible part of the lace is hidden in the sea.

All about the "Message in a bottle challenge" can be found here.

7 comments:

  1. Interesting to see your thoughts lol and watch this grow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your waves! I am trying to make landscapes for all of my CQJP 2013 project, and want at least one beach. This gives me so many ideas. Thanks for sharing. I look forward to seeing what you do next.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like what you've been doing! Those foamy waves in the distance look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. the lace works a treat for the waves, this is coming along at quite a pace,

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is very promising,beautiful idea the lace for the sea waves, you are really good at creating these crazy quilt blocks!
    Happy weekend dear Marjolein.
    Lot a kisses.
    Morena

    ReplyDelete
  6. When I look at the small pictures in the 'recent blog posts list' (to the left of the post title) it is easy to see the beauty of the sea, that dark line at the horizon, the misty sky and the waves. Your picture is growing more and more beautiful.
    Keep at it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. looooving this! You are so creative!~

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. I love reading your comments. I would like to reply, so please make sure Blogger has your email.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...