Saturday, February 23, 2013

More waves


About the "bay problem".... after sleeping a few nights on it, I sort of solved it. In a future post I'll show what I did.

While appliqueing I was doubting if the hills had to be sewed on top of the sea or the other way around. Now I'm pretty sure the sea has to be on top of the hills. 
Anyway, the sea splashes against the hills. I tried to create a coastline with buttonhole stitches,


A second row of irregular buttonhole stitches on top with white thread.


More buttonhole rows on the waves.


Overview.

All about the "Message in a bottle challenge" can be found here.



8 comments:

  1. I like the buttonhole wave action. Looking forward to seeing more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The buttonholed water is spashing perfectly against the rocks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All is perfect and beautiful.
    Happy Sunday.
    Kisses.
    Morena

    ReplyDelete
  4. I understand your dilemma about which piece to appliqué over the other. Logically the water is over the rocks and you have made good use of the buttonhole stitches, too, show emphasise this.
    Looking good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. to see how this has developed form some scraps of fabric and lace is wonderful, the splashing waves you have added work so well with the rest of your creation

    ReplyDelete
  6. the buttonhole breakers look fantastic, this is coming along so nicely!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. I love reading your comments. I would like to reply, so please make sure Blogger has your email.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...