Wednesday, February 27, 2013

First vegetation



Little bare shrubs in fly/feather stitches with perle 8.


Clumps of grass with a blue/green variegated DMC floss.
I used sheaf stitch, with irregular straight stitches and the “middle” horizontal straight stitch is more at the bottom.


Remember this special fabric? 


Perfect flowers, but much too large.
I cut them out very carefully and basted in circles from the center to the outside.
Next I pulled and shaped it till it looked like a flower.


I sewed them down, trying to place the center a bit backwards as you look at them from aside.


All about the "Message in a bottle challenge" can be found here.


9 comments:

  1. What a great idea for the flowers. I have some of that fabric somewhere....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wondered what you were going to do with that wild fabric! Such a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The first vegetation and the blue flowers are so Beautiful.
    Kisses.
    Morena

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am feeling like I have climbed down a cliff and am stepping into a beautiful hidden valley of sea and sand. Your first vegetation and blue flowers really add life to this scene. Creative Hearts are Happy Hearts...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea Marjolein! Looking good...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, is that spring? The first shrubs. beautiful altogether. Today I like the cloud.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your scene is 'growing' beautifully! What stitches did you use for the grass?

    ReplyDelete
  8. your talents are amazing, you seem able to create such beauty out of scraps, the ribbon roses are perfect

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. I love reading your comments. I would like to reply, so please make sure Blogger has your email.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...