Friday, February 8, 2013

Distant hills


The finished sea.


I simply appliqued the distant hill.


This fabric is too dark for a distant hill. To make it lighter I used the same sheer fabric as for the sky.


The white embroidery on the sheer fabric will be hidden by the next hill.


Mmm, it is not my favorite fabric.


To be honest, I don't like this fabric either. However I must use it. I decided to use the darkest part with brown in it. The yellow arrow points at what could be a brook that runs to the sea.


This is the seascape as it is now.

All about the "Message in a bottle challenge" can be found here.




9 comments:

  1. Your seascape is looking great! Even if you don't quite like some of the fabric it's turning out wonderfully well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is looking really neat. I love seeing the different fabrics making the scene.

    FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  3. So interesting to watch this all come together! Some of the fabrics make it more challenging.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You need a trained eye to see the potential in these challenging fabrics. Will there be embroidery on top of the fabric, and if so how much? One way of manipulating an awkward print it by using stitches.
    Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Marjolein your eyes really see all the various possibilities for each of your challenge fabrics. Your work is glorious. Blissful Stitching...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your work and your interpretation!
    Great work dear Marjolein!
    Hugs and kisses.
    Morena

    ReplyDelete
  7. tis sis looking great, your creativity really brings it to life.As you say some of the fabric isn`t what you would have chosen but you have made it work well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my, Marjolein, this is so interesting and beautiful. I will now read more about it. (Being connected in a lovely way to the cyber-world - at home in G)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, this looks like fun. Thanks for sharing your creative process.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. I love reading your comments. I would like to reply, so please make sure Blogger has your email.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...