Wednesday, January 2, 2013

November block: finished


The finished block. Below are pictures of the details.


A ribbon work violet. I took pictures of how I made it, but they didn't show the procedure clear enough.
The ribbon is 11 mm wide. I made a two petal flower and a three petal flower and sewed them on top of each other. This looks almost how I did it.
Some straight stitches and french knots form the center.


Here it is in place.


Feather stitch branches and a translucent lilac button. Beneath the button is a purple lace flower. I added it to create a purple background for the button.


From a lace motive I cut the leaves of and sewed them in place.


The block so far.


I tatted a variegated orange butterfly. It was meant for the orange fabric on the next picture.
The pattern is here. In the pattern a daisy picot is used. Here is how a daisy picot is made.


Its task was to "calm down" the orange. I felt it didn't succeed.


Here it looks better (and paler!). The seam treatment is a simple buttonhole stitch.


The finished block.


11 comments:

  1. Everything about this block is lovely. The colors are wonderful, and all your work: the tatting, ribbon work, and stitching are all so great. Love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so wonderful. I really love the pansy. the tatted butterfly is great as are the other bits of tatting that you added to this piece.

    Thanks for the inspiration ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have such a wonderful combination on your blocks; tatting, ribbon, ribbon embroidery, buttons, lace and thread stitching. The butterfly is placed beautifully and gives that balance to the block.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your block is beautiful. I adore your tatted butterfly and appreciate very much you including the links for how to make it. I am not skilled in tatting but this is the year I really try to learn. So far shuttle or needle is not very successful but I shall give it more practicing. Your stitching is lovely. Blessings Dear with Peace and Joy for all of 2013...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Beautiful Block and your Butterfly..... Wow, Amazing!!!
    I wish for you Marjolein and those you love a year full of health, love, happiness and lots of joyful creativity!!!
    Hugs and kisses.
    Morena

    ReplyDelete
  6. like your other blocks this is wonderful, your eye for colour not fogeting your wonderful stitching and the tatting, ribbon work etc thanks Marjolein you know i am your biggest admirer

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bellissimo come sempre, mi piace molto anche la farfallina fatta a chiacchierino,
    buon anno Valeria
    se ti va passa a trovarmi
    http://lacivettainnamorata.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another beautiful block, I love your pansy and the butterfly is so well done

    ReplyDelete
  9. My goodness! This is so beautiful! You have done an amazing job with the embroidery and I am so impressed with your tatted butterfly! I really wish I knew how to tat. My grandmother who died in 1975 did beautiful tatting. I am trying to find someone who shuttle tats to teach me. I don't want it to become a lost art! I will be back to see more of your beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your lovely comment!
      I can assure you tatting is so much fun.

      Delete
  10. Another beauty! I can't wait to see these all together!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. I love reading your comments. I would like to reply, so please make sure Blogger has your email.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...