The finished block. Below are pictures of the details.
A ribbon work violet. I took pictures of how I made it, but they didn't show the procedure clear enough.
The ribbon is 11 mm wide. I made a two petal flower and a three petal flower and sewed them on top of each other. This looks almost how I did it.
Some straight stitches and french knots form the center.
Here it is in place.
Feather stitch branches and a translucent lilac button. Beneath the button is a purple lace flower. I added it to create a purple background for the button.
From a lace motive I cut the leaves of and sewed them in place.
The block so far.
I tatted a variegated orange butterfly. It was meant for the orange fabric on the next picture.
Its task was to "calm down" the orange. I felt it didn't succeed.
Here it looks better (and paler!). The seam treatment is a simple buttonhole stitch.
The finished block.