Click right and choose open in new window to enlarge the photo.
To flatten all the seams at the back I stitched them down with herringbone stitch.
Sharon at Pintangle has written a series of posts about "
Next I ironed on a medium weight interface (vilene).
Then I layered on the back: batting (left) and a cotton fabric (middle) for the back
The fabric on the right is upholstery fabric which I used for the false back.
I pinned the quilt, batting and back together and started
Next I attached the false back by sewing on six buttons at the intersections of four blocks at the front. No stitches are visible at the front, they are hidden in seams or behind embellishments.
Than I sewed on a hanging sleeve and the binding.
I followed the instructions from the book "A-Z of quilting".
I thought a strip used to hold a poster could act as a rod.
One strip didn't, two strips didn't either because they bent too much
Then I tried a flat wooden slat with two pushpins to secure the cord.
The board turned over a bit so the quilt didn't hang flat.
When the pushpins are secured at the top of the board the quilt hangs best.
This is the end of my journey on creating a complete crazy quilt.
The Crazy Violets Quilt found a spot on a wall in our living room.