Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Final embellishments part II


When I embroidered these cast-on violets, I wanted to expand them to the block below when the blocks were sewed together.


Here they are.


There was a problem with the "floating" basket. I got different comments on how to solve it.
I decided to use some fallen flowers.


The seam is covered with a fly stitch branch.


Another empty seam.


Magic chain stitch, another catch up TAST stitch.
I used a slightly lighter orange thread than the orange patch and a slightly darker yellow thread than the yellow patch.


Before...


After....I just expanded the existing lacy flower spray.


Cretan stitch seam treatment in purple.


A combination of chain stitches and straight stitches with sparkling Kreinik #4.


The right part of this seam beneath the lace needs something more than a little stitching.


I decided on a ribbon with sparkles along the purple fabric. The transition below the lace is now less abruptly.
Along the left are buttonhole stitches. A butterfly charm hides the intersection.



11 comments:

  1. I love your work! You - a real master!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many lovely details to see - and you spent much thoughts on the design. I like the fallen flowers around the basket and the expanded flower spread.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful! Love all of your solutions, but extending the flowers is my favorite idea. How to work with joining seams is an issue for many, and you make it look so easy!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kathy's right, Marjolein! It's all very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lot of work has given great impact and beauty to your cq pansy quilt. I especially like the area where you have let four corners in purple meet and now form a 'new block' by expanding the existing lacy flower spray.
    Congratulations on making such a beautiful quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh, this is beautiful!!!

    FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your vision and execution of overlapping your beautiful seam treatments is lovely. You have really joined all blocks together with "seamless" design. Marjolein Dear your CQ stitchery is exquisite. Blissful Stitching my friend...

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a joy following you on this journey, I have loved every minute since I discovered your blog. The way you spill over from one block to another linking them together is just wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. BEAUTIFUL GREAT WORK!!!
    Hugs and kisses.
    Morena

    ReplyDelete
  10. Je laat het allemaal heel mooi in elkaar overgaan, geweldig. Het mandje is trouwens leuk geworden met die extra gevallen bloemetjes.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looking absolutely gorgeous Marjolein!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. I love reading your comments. I would like to reply, so please make sure Blogger has your email.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...