Sunday, November 18, 2012

August block CQJP 2012


I blogged about the Buttonhole wheel cup flower spray here
On hhtatting I found this lovely hanky edging. The thread I used is DMC 80.


When I'm working on a block I often place it where it will be in the finished quilt. 
It makes it easier to make decisions about embellishments.


A closer view.
The top patch with the tatted edge needs something striking.


This ribbon has a nice sheen, the right color and is also very vulnerable. It gets damaged by a small unevenness of my fingers. 
The left end of the ribbon will continue on the adjacent block. The right end will be draped over this block.




7 comments:

  1. Wat een leuk frivolite randje, dank je wel voor de link.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are very wise to audition the blocks together to see how they mingle. Your vulnerable ribbon is just right with this space. Lovely tatting for the edging. Do you shuttle tat or needle tat? I have tried both with zero success. It might be too tedious for me. Lovely CQ stitching dear...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Your blocks look wonderful together! Hugs, Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. your blocks look wonderful, seeing them all together it really is a wow factor. The tattting edging is so so delicate must check out hhtatting myself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so nice to see your blocks together, and very clever to do so to envision how they'll 'fit'. Nice tatting, and the block looks wonderful so far.

    ReplyDelete
  6. New block...new beuatiful work!!!
    Hugs and kisses.
    Morena

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. I love reading your comments. I would like to reply, so please make sure Blogger has your email.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...