For the Crazy Quilt Journal Project 2012 I am working on a crazy quilt with "violets" as theme. These are the first six blocks partly sewn together in their proper arrangement. Of course the "new" seams will be adjusted as I want the quilt to look as a unity.
The blocks from January to May are completed and can be found here.
The June block is the lower right one.
The naked June block.
The adjacent fabric of the block below is covered with lots of violets.
I want to echo them on the yellow fabric.
In this little flower spray I used two TAST stitches: cast on stitch for the violets, the stitch of week 32, and oyster stitch for the little leaves, the stitch of week 30. Below I have described how I made the violets.
When the blocks are sewn together I will make adjustments to blend the violets spray into the violets fabric.
For now the spray is finished.
The cast on stitch is perfect for little violets. Five cast on stitches, placed on the same manner as the bullion violets.
The thread is a variegated DMC perle 5 and has the same colors as the adjacent orange violets fabric. The hearts are made of french knots (two wraps), also perle 5.
The little leaves between the violets are oyster stitch. First I didn't like this stitch, but stitching them with this nice thread, varying in color from olive green to purple, made me change my mind. Nice coincidence is that this the purple comes back in the ribbon. The thread is House of Embroidery perle 8. At last I stitched french knots to represent buds.