Wednesday, August 8, 2012

The finish of a huge daisy


To vary the work on the daisy I stitched these two leaves. First marking the outlines with running stitches, then embroidering them with closely worked fly stitches. The thread is Gloriana stranded silk, the color is called "winter woods" Nice variegated colors, aren't they?
The centre vein is a split stitch embroidered with DMC 3371 black brown.
On this picture it seems I have not made the split stitches exactly on the centre of the fly stitches.


Here I have added shading at the base of the petals. The thread I used is DMC stranded cotton.


More shading with a darker color.

 
The centre is filled with french knots. The thread is Gumnut Yarns Stars stranded silk in very light lemon, light and medium daffodil. I used two strands. Around them I stitched french knots with black brown DMC stranded cotton.



7 comments:

  1. The results are stunning! Thanks for sharing the threads you are using. I haven't tried any of the Gloriana or Gumnut but certainly want to, especially with the results here. Have been enjoying some outdoor time versus stitching but presently dyeing some threads.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's gorgeous, Marjolein! A wonderful result. How big is the daisy?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh My Gosh Marjolein...where have I been. Your daisy is so beautiful and the leaves look magical with their shading. I adore the stitching and all the texture you have given this daisy. Stitchilicious is an understatement!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Truly Magnificent!!
    You're a talented embroidery artist, and I never tire of saying it!
    Kisses.
    Morena

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful work and lovely threads. What an inspiration.

    FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bravo Marjolein! I actually prefer that your vein is off to the side of your fly stitch "vein". It looks wonderful and I loved to hear what threads you chose.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. I love reading your comments. I would like to reply, so please make sure Blogger has your email.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...