Wednesday, August 15, 2012

French knots in the desert


On this little hill, made of pebbles, I sewed a little pebble. It is about one cm.
First I cut a piece of plastic, threaded it and glued it at the bottom. Then I only had to fasten the thread.


Over to another area of the desert. Here are three little plastic beads trapped under the sand. I like them and the wrinkles as they are, so not much manipulating here.


I only tidied the wrinkles up, so there will not be too much excess fabric at the edge of the desert.


I added lots of french knots, one or two wraps. This lovely thread is Kreinik fine braid #12.
The colors vary from sand to silver gray.


Some straight green stitches were added.


Here I have added little shrubs. What stitch could that be?
Just ordinary french knots, about four loose wraps. The thread is Appleton crewel wool, I mixed two colors, terracotta and ochre.


Here I loosened up the french knots with my needle. Amazing the difference between the loose french knot shrubs and the tight french knots between the trapped beads.




 

3 comments:

  1. Fabulous addition of the natural pebble. Your french know shrubs are brilliant. Each and every detail you add is really bringing this desert to life. When viewed from high above it looks very realistic. Blissful Stitching Dear...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful, Marjolein. Little piece of art.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is such a joy! Your blog is so fun :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. I love reading your comments. I would like to reply, so please make sure Blogger has your email.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...