Sunday, August 12, 2012

Flowering desert cactus tutorial


The heart is a trapped bead. I stitched six needle woven picots around it with House of Embroidery perlé 8. This is a lovely thread to do this stitch with.
Needle woven picots turned out to be the TAST stitch of week 44.


Sorry for the blurred picture, forgot the macro button I guess.
I attached the six leaves to the trapped bead.


Next I added brownish and yellow beads to the centre.


Just between the first six leaves I stitched six more woven picots.


This is the whole picture as it looks now.


9 comments:

  1. That blooming cactus is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your desert is alive with beautiful blooming cacti. This latest flower is stunning. Blissful stitching dear...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is oh so wonderful. It's amazing what you needleworkers come up with. I feel like such a dang novice. I am having fun though and learning along the way.

    Have a great week ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the blooming cactus! Woven picot is a fave stitch.The desert is looking beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful and still beautiful!!!!
    I love your works.
    Kisses.
    Morena

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW, Marjolein, great example! Thanks for the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your cactus is beautiful. Thanks for your tutorial

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. I love reading your comments. I would like to reply, so please make sure Blogger has your email.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...