Thursday, July 19, 2012

Needle felted cactus: tutorial part II


I thought it would be a good idea to provide a needle felted cactus with a skeleton.


I used the same method as in part I, only I felted around a green wire.


Attached the arms....


twisted the wires and added a plastic bead to keep everything together...


and felted around the bead.
The weak point is that the cactus can be pulled easily from his skeleton.
Better is to use bent wire, like this


Then you can felt between the wires so they get fixed.


Here it is, not attached yet. The wires can be pulled through the fabric and fastened on the back, just like stumpwork pieces.
I might decide I will not detach it at all, because it seems much too big. It is about 4 to 5 cm high.


4 comments:

  1. lovely cactus.add red flower to enhance its beauty

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fantastic. I am amazed at all the creativeness found online. Thank you for sharing how to do this, although, I am still sort of clueless. :-) I love seeing the process of this piece of yours.

    Have a great weekend ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marjolein dear your felted cactus looks very proud standing amidst your desert. I think in art we can imagine and create anything we wish. Blissful Stitching my friend...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Marjolein , is fantastic!!!!
    Have a good weekend my dear!!!
    Kisses.
    Morena

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. I love reading your comments. I would like to reply, so please make sure Blogger has your email.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...