Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Needle felted cactus: tutorial part I



Browsing the internet for needle felting I came accross this tutorial.
As I want cacti in my desert, I followed the clear step-by-step tutorial and ended with two felted cilinders.


I didn't know how to attach the smaller one to the bigger one, so I tried something.


And guess what? The "arm" got secured to the "body".


The cactus in the desert. I didn't attach it to the pebble yet, it is too vulnerable.


Here I made a smaller one. A cilinder cut in two pieces.


Cute little cactus.



3 comments:

  1. how I love to see your new blogs, your cactus is great, and top marks for doing it by hand, I am lazy and use a machine, blame arthritic fingers but laziness plays a big part. Come to think of it it would not work on the machine too well, would have to do a flat piece then roll it or something, this needs a bit of thinking time!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you doing a desert pebble, Marjolein? Sounds very interesting, and I'll be checking to see what's next!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a sweet little cactus and it is neat seeing this piece progress. Your work is lovely.

    FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. I love reading your comments. I would like to reply, so please make sure Blogger has your email.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...