Thursday, June 14, 2012

TAST week 24: buttonhole wheel


The TAST stitch of week 24 is the buttonhole wheel. I made three felted "stones" and attached them with this stitch.


The purpose was to try to create a marble look. I started with a piece of felt on the left, a piece of fleece on the right and some brick red wool roving.


To create a line I twisted the wool roving and started felting.


I also laid some wool roving on the fabrics, very loosely and felted just a little.


It was not the look I wanted.


I ended with just wool roving and felted it. I cut a small piece of craft felt, put the wool roving on top and felted it. Next I cut the excess wool along the edge of the piece of craft felt.


Next I sewed up a slightly smaller piece of craft felt,
 

layed the felted piece on top and embroidered a buttonhole wheel to attach it.
It is not like marble but the color is nice.


Because the top layer is larger than the bottom one, you get a nice 3-D look.


The whole pebble as it looks now.




12 comments:

  1. Your pebble is looking quite like a beautiful desertscape. Stitch on dear...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coming along very nicely, Marjolein!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Marjolein, it is such a delight to see the process of your work and I am full of admiration for the hard work you put in, not only into the pebble but into blogging about it. So much to learn! Keep up the good work.
    Thank you for visiting my blog and leavning such kind comments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love how this piece has developed and look forward to the next stage.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marjolein, this looks marvelous - it is a lovely creation. And really as Queeniepatch writes - you put a lot of work into it. Photographing is really time consuming.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Thanks for showing your steps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for visiting and your nice comment!
      I enjoy showing and telling about my work.

      Delete
  7. I dream....your works are beautiful.
    Kisses from sea!!!!!
    See you next week.
    Morena

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on being highlighted!
    I am looking forward to tomorrow's challenge, aren't you?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your stones are wonderful and the tutorial great. This is my first visit but won't be the last.
    Congratulations on the Highlight.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. I love reading your comments. I would like to reply, so please make sure Blogger has your email.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...