Last time I talked about the medallion I showed you this picture.
As I was pretty pleased with the result I added more violets and embroidered the hearts of the yellow/orange couched flowers. I also added two yellow/orange flowers on the right.
The heart on the right I filled with horizontal straight stitches with one strand of DMC floss. That were a lot of stitches to fill the heart. The heart on the left I stitched first a layer of vertical straight stitches.
And than a layer of horizontal stitches. It looks much better than the right heart.
I unpicked the right heart and while I did that I thought: "why not unpick the whole heart and replace it by a darker orange one?"
I put the medallion aside for a few days to work on the pebble because something was bothering me and I didn't know what to do about it.
When I returned to the medallion I knew what was bothering me: The yellow/orange flowers weren't a part of the flower spray. They dissolved as it were in the medallion. I unpicked all flowers and couched them again. This time I used an orange perlé 5. While couching with one strand of DMC floss in the same orange I tried to follow the twist of the perlé so the stitches wouldn't show.
The centres were filled with french knots, two wraps. I used one strand of DMC floss mixed with Kreinik blended filament to get a little sparkle.
Now there is a better balance in the growing flower spray.
Sometimes it is very useful to let a project rest for a few days. I felt it wasn't "right" but didn't "see" what to do about it. When I looked after a few days it was clear what was wrong.