Friday, May 4, 2012

TAST week 18: crossed buttonhole


The stitch for TAST week 18 was the crossed buttonhole stitch. I had no idea what to do with this stitch. What I finally came up with is not exactly a crossed buttonhole stitch, which means it is not crossed.


The first part (the veins) is done rightly. The second part though (the small prickles at the outline) is stitched on the opposite site of where is should be. This is the fun part of TAST, you come to unexpected nice results.
The thread is a variegated DMC, two strands.


The idea for a flower stalk started when I was thinking about how to treat that ugly corner in the black circle. I wanted something not too heavy to cover the corner.
Fortunately I found a semi-transparent orange ribbon in my stash.


I made three gathered ribbon flowers with a teardrop bead in the centre.
Below is how I did it. 


The edge was folded to the back and a running stitch secured it.


Running stitches along the side till the folded end.


Time to pull.


It looks messy on the picture ;) The two short edge were sewed together.


The overall picture of the border area between the two blocks.


6 comments:

  1. More and more beautiful!
    Happy weekend accompanied by a kiss, my dear Marjolein.
    Morena

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your TAST stitch looks sew pretty. The little sheer flowers are perfect for your corner coverage. This block is looking beautiful. Blissful Stitching...

    ReplyDelete
  3. So you created a new stitch! It is interesting how a project like TAST can inspire us. Your block is coming along beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, how shall we call this stitch? Long short alternated not crossed buttonhole stitch???

      Delete
  4. Your CQ block is very lovely and your sheer flower is gorgeous. Hugs Judy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. I love reading your comments. I would like to reply, so please make sure Blogger has your email.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...