Friday, May 11, 2012

Stumpwork pansy


This stumpwork pansy is larger then the one I made earlier. However the way it is made is the same.
Here you can find the tutorials: part I, part II.


Here is the pansy laid down on the centre patch. I will embroider buds and leaves to fill that area further.
I have considered to make one or two more stumpwork pansies. Since each petal takes at least one hour to make, you can understand that I will only make more if there are no other options.
First I'm going to think about where the leaves and buds will grow. The purple flower spray will be continued on the orange patch to blend more with the rest of the block.

5 comments:

  1. That is a lot of time for each pansy petal however the results are stunning. Your purple floral spray is gorgeous. This block is stunning. Such a labor of love handmade is and that is what makes it sew very special. Heirloom in the making...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just gorgeous, Marjolein! I love the flowers on the right. Is that organza ribbon for the flower? Perfect. I like the variegated thread, too.
    The pansy will be wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pansy is lovely and I am following your progress with interest. One hour is s not too much for a lovely petal like this - smile!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Marjolein, your pansy is really wonderful!
    I wish you a peaceful weekend accompanied by a kiss.
    Morena

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so beautiful! I would love to learn stump work someday. Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. I love reading your comments. I would like to reply, so please make sure Blogger has your email.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...