The story starts here.
I was stuck with the upper leaf and changed a few things, but wasn't pleased with the result.
The chains 1, 4 and 5 bothered me and the same goes for the rings 2 and 3.
Chain 1 (no join) and 4 (more joins) are better. Rings 2 (less DS) and 3 (less DS) have improved but the leaf is too tapered now.
I completely changed chain 5, therefore I had to change the first ring from the right into a split ring.
So first the split ring, then the chain, then the second ring from the right....oops. Problem....how do I connect this ring to the split ring. I cheated and made a join, but not in a picot. Does that matter??
Chain 5 has only one picot anymore, that looks much better.
I decided to change chain 5 into 6 DS, picot, 6 DS, hoping that would be enough to lessen the tapering.
And yes...it is better, only the chain is not neat, is twists a little because it is too long.
I have shortened the chain to 5DS, picot, 5DS.
All chains and rings lie flat but the leaf is too tapered and the third ring from the left is too prominent.
I am pretty sure that the leaf will lie flat when it is sewed down.
I will have another look at it and post the results. When I am completely happy with the leaf I want to draw the pattern and post it here.
You might think I am not easy satisfied, mostly I am. However in my needlework I am very scrupulous and want to explore everything to improve it.