Monday, May 14, 2012

Seam treatments


I wanted to extend the purple flower spray to the yellow patch to make it less heavy.
First I laid the components of the pansy on their possible places. Then I decided how the curls looked best.
 I embroidered the curls with detached chain stitch.


A simple seam treatment: a looped stitch is kept in its place by a detached chain stitch.
Later on I might add beads.


Next comes a beaded twig from lilac beads. This twig extends the purple spray and makes a sort of connection  with the lilac patch on the left. I made a lay-out first. The white pieces of paper are the leaves of the pansy.


4 comments:

  1. Ciao sono una blogger Italiana amica di Morena ( lei mi ha dato il tuo link, realizz cose molto belle complimenti a presto Valeria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Marjolein, Valeria your new follower is a dear friend and she weaves classically.
    Kisses.
    Morena

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Marjolein, I love the block you are doing the beads look so pretty your work is so delicate, I have a long way to go before I can produce this sort of work.

    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your pansies are going to look great on this block!! Love the planning and getting inside your head....xo Susan

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. I love reading your comments. I would like to reply, so please make sure Blogger has your email.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...