Sunday, May 20, 2012

April block finished


The finished CQJP April block. I mean finished for this moment. I'm not sure if the orange patch needs more embellishing. We will see about that later.


First I sewed on the beads for the twig.


I started the leaves with detached chain stitch for the central vein. Than straight stitches for the padding. Long and short buttonhole stitch for the leaves, followed by long and short stitch. This leaves could be stitched with only buttonhole stitch. I feel that the stitches get too long that way.


Three pansy buds stitched with long and short buttonhole stitch and straight stitch. The sepals are stitched with three detached chain stitches.


The stems are embroidered with whipped detached chain stitch.
Finally the stumpwork pansy was attached. There are a few tiny white threads peeping out. They will be cut...very carefully.
A tutorial how to make a stumpwork pansy can be found here: part I and part II.


The completed pansy.


6 comments:

  1. Absolutely Beautiful stitching. Lovely block. Hugs Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have outdone yourself on this one Marjolein! Your pansy is exquisite as are your leaves. I always enjoy reading how you've completed each of the elements in your blocks. I can see I need to practice MORE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marjolein Dear this pansy block is exquisite. The colors and theme are just right. All of your elements and stitching are sheer perfection. You should feel so proud of a fantastic job beautifully executed. Blissful Stitching...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely stitching, Marjolein. This block is a stunner!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a delightful block, dear Marjolein! I love the colors, the balance of all elements and the exquisite stitching. The stumpwork pansy is my favorite and I always enjoy your descriptions of the process. Looking forward for your next update!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bravo Marjolein! It's a beautiful block!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. I love reading your comments. I would like to reply, so please make sure Blogger has your email.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...