Saturday, April 14, 2012

TAST week 15: stem stitch



The TAST stitch of week 15 is stem stitch. I have embroidered some leaves using two strands of DMC floss. For the veins I used one strand.




I started with a button cluster. As I didn't have  buttons in the color I wanted, I covered two buttons with fabric. Next week I'll share how I did that and what I learned. 




The whole block.




The two blocks laid next to each other.
The orange and light orange of the leaves come back in the adjacent block.




9 comments:

  1. how beautiful this is love those colours and the buttons are gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I particularly love those purples "flowers." What is the stitch you used on them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suppose you mean the "lavender"?
      It is feather stitch.
      Here is how I stitched them:
      http://threads-and-patches.blogspot.com/2012/01/tast-week-3-feather-stitch.html

      Delete
  3. Every time I remain fascinated!!
    Good Sunday my dear Marjolein.
    Hugs and a kisses.
    Morena

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful crazy quilt details and you are a master at managing the colors~!!!~

    :-)
    libbyQ

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fine colour. Nice work.
    viji

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I love to play with color till it feels "good".

      Delete

Thank you for visiting my blog. I love reading your comments. I would like to reply, so please make sure Blogger has your email.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...