Saturday, March 17, 2012

TAST week 11: whipped weel


Sorry, again a bad picture. I am pretty sure now my camera doesn't like this color. It is exactly DMC 3843
The stitch of TAST week 11 is whipped wheel. I decided to try a irregular shaped whipped wheel.
I started with straight stitches for the spokes. The length varies. The two stitches at the bottom reach over the hidden tube.
On this picture I have whipped a few laps and threaded a bead. Sometimes I whipped one spoke, sometimes two spokes.


When a spoke was full, I skipped it. That means I went under that spoke and continued with the next one.
The longest spokes I whipped a few times.
The thread I used is Gumnut Buds color 408


This is where I am now.
On the left side of the chasm I stitched a "normal" whipped wheel.

8 comments:

  1. Some beautiful stitching going on here!
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your stitching is so pretty and in my favorite color...blue. I am truly intrigued with your pebble work. Happy stitching...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pebble is coming along beautifully, Marjolein! Lots of wonderful stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful stitching and beautiful color for this embroidery!!
    Have a nice Sunday.
    Hugs.
    Morena

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love what you have done with the irregular wheel. I so much love irregular things. I wish I would do more irregular, ha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You pebble is looking lovely. Lots of pretty stitching. I look forward to seeing it all done. Hugs Judy

    ReplyDelete
  7. The whole piece is magical!! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you,I am glad you like it. I hope to finish it on Wednesday.

      Delete

Thank you for visiting my blog. I love reading your comments. I would like to reply, so please make sure Blogger has your email.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...