Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Stumpwork pansy: tutorial part two


This is the second part of the stumpwork tutorial.
The first part can be found here.
The pansy looks huge, but is only 2,5 cm long!


In the centre of the pansy I pierced the fabric with a needle, than with an awl.


This is the first back petal. The metal wire goes through the hole to the backside of the fabric.


The wire is pulled till it has completely disappeared.
I flattened the petal against the fabric and held it tightly.


At the same time I bent the wire sharply upwards in the same direction as the petal is.


I secured it with tiny stitches and machine thread.


I "opened" the hole again with a needle and pierced the next wire through the hole.


All five wires have been secured. I will not cut them yet.


The front looks now like this.


I bent the wires in the opposite direction to make sure the petals can't move anymore.


I secured them for the second time and cut the wires.


The heart of the pansy is a french knot, embroidered with 6 strands of DMC coton with one wrap.



8 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Thanks for the tute.
    Do you curl the petals for a 3-D effect once they're secured?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pansy is amazing and so very pretty. Thank you for sharing your technique. Joyful stitching...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you.
      I tried to e-mail you, but it keeps coming back !

      Delete
  3. Excellent tutorial and the pansy turned out fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hallo Marjolein,
    thank you for this great tutorial. Your pansy looks amazing.
    Hugs,
    Susanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, this is wonderful and your tutorial fantastic.

    Thank you for your encouraging comment about my finally getting the whipped wheel stitch. Now I want to try a pansy!!

    I love your work really beautiful. Much inspiration here for me to learn from.

    FlowerLady Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Marjolein - Thank you so much for your beautiful blog - you share so much helpful information, and your embroidery is awesome - you are very gifted :) Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a special thing - - to share so much knowledge, and never ask a cent.. Bless your heart. I didn't know such flowers COULD exist.. I specialize in crochet; you'd think I would have seen this type of needle work, but honestly, I have not. I had no clue one could insert a wire, on Aida Cloth, and embroider over it. I wonder if # 30 or # 20 crochet thread also couldn't be used to make a flower in what ever type you'd wish, this way? Well, bless my soul !. TY dear, how generous and nice of you. I will take a closer look at Embroidery now. My goodness sakes ! Blessings, Mary

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. I love reading your comments. I would like to reply, so please make sure Blogger has your email.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...