I started with about evenly spaced pairs of straight stitches with pearl 5. I suppose a starfish doesn't pay attention to the exact spacing of his five legs.
Than I weaved around the straight stitches with the same pearl 5 and DMC metallic to add a little sparkle.
The center was padded with three layers of straight stitches. The top layer is embroidered with two strands of DMC coton and one strand of DMC metallic.
As I mentioned in an earlier blogpost I found the chasm too wide. I sewed both sides together at the start of the chasm and in the middle. It isn't a yawning chasm anymore.
From Anchor variegated pearl 5 I made three josephine knots and sewed them in place.