Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Starfish and other things



I started with about evenly spaced pairs of straight stitches with pearl 5. I suppose a starfish doesn't pay attention to the exact spacing of his five legs.



Than I weaved around the straight stitches with the same pearl 5 and DMC metallic to add a little sparkle.



The center was padded with three layers of straight stitches. The top layer is embroidered with two strands of DMC coton and one strand of DMC metallic.



As I mentioned in an earlier blogpost I found the chasm too wide. I sewed both sides together at the start of the chasm and in the middle. It isn't a yawning chasm anymore. 



From Anchor variegated pearl 5 I made three josephine knots and sewed them in place.

1 comment:

Thank you for visiting my blog. I love reading your comments. I would like to reply, so please make sure Blogger has your email.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...