Friday, January 13, 2012

TAST week 2: buttonhole stitch


For TAST 2012 week 2 the stitch was buttonhole stitch, you can find it here. The seam treatment is embroidered with DMC pearl 5, just a basic buttonhole stitch. The real color is lilac ;)
For the flowers I arranged the long and short buttonhole stitch around the center of the flower.


The stem is embroidered in stemstitch. The leaves in buttonhole stitch, this time used as a filling stitch. For the flowers, stem and leaves I used 1 strand of DMC stranded coton.


The hearts are embroidered in french knots with 4 strands of DMC stranded coton.


The lower part of the middle section is embroidered in a scalloped filling buttonhole stitch.
More about this part of the carnation is found here.

21 comments:

  1. Your work is to die for. I don't think I have enough years left to perfect my stitches to that level. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love your stitchery! the carnation is so beautiful!

      Delete
  2. Beatiful designs! The carnation is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your carnation is WOW! Beautiful work and very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow it's beautiful. I like the carnations, and your stitch are so smooth !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful example of buttonhole stitch ! Just became a follower......
    hugs
    chris richards
    xxxx

    http://ellascraftcreations.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely. Kathy http://threads-and-patches.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your work is stunningly beautiful and inspires me to practice more with my stitches.

    FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your flowers are very beautiful and make me very envious :) I have added your link to my blog post to share you work with my readers!
    http://silentcompanions.blogspot.com/2012/01/tast-challenge-week-2-buttonhole-stitch.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your stitching is perfection! Absolutely wonderful. I really like the complimentary colors of yellow and purple together. Your design pops!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, the carnation is a real beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely carnation, beautifully done.

    Arlene W
    http://arlenes-crafts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful! I love looking at your work!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful stitching! I'm inspired to do more with TAST.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are featured on Sharon's blog!!!
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful designs and perfect stitching! Connie.

    ReplyDelete
  16. A beautiful carnation - so smoothly stitched.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your beautiful stitching is very inspiring

    ReplyDelete
  18. Its lovely, especially the carnation, and teh combinations of stitches you have used is too good, I will give it a try.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. I love reading your comments. I would like to reply, so please make sure Blogger has your email.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...