Thursday, January 5, 2012

TAST week 1: fly stitch


It was a coincidence that I had just finished the little twigs with yellow flowers in a sort of fly stitch when the first stitch was anounced in TAST week 1: fly stitch.
As there had to grow another branch, I decided to do it in a proper fly stitch.


I wanted to do something different with a fly stitch, so I thought: "why not a dragonfly in fly stitch?"
Here are the upper wings: a fly stitch with a very short tail.


The lower wings with a fly stitch with a short tail in opposite direction.


Both wings.


I added some beads to create a body and a head. It is a pity that the colors aren't as pretty as in reality.

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I love the dragonfly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute is that and so easy!!!
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm pinning this right now, it's such a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful and I love the dragonfly!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! I love your dragonfly too!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That dragon fly is really nice! I think that I may have to "borrow" your genious idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the dragon fly, very nice

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really nice :)
    I love the dragonfly

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for the dragonfly, I like it, I believe, more dragonfly born on my needlework thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your dragonfly. Now I'm inspired to try one of my own. Thank you.

    FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. I love reading your comments. I would like to reply, so please make sure Blogger has your email.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...