Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Moving on


Here is the block I am currently working on and the block above it. As I want the 12 blocks to form a harmonious quilt, I carefully look at the adjacent blocks. Than I decide what color I am going to use.
The colors in this block are beautiful but not bright and the block above is very bright.
To get a nice transition between both blocks I decided on the variegated orange.


To get a sparkle I added little orange beads.


Here is the block as it looks after I embroidered the first seam treatment.
In the first block I made I did the seam treatments first and later I found they didn't fit in the look I wanted. Therefore I have worked the other way around....seam treatments as part of the whole block.
The thread I used is a beautiful variegated pearl thread in the colors of the violets.

4 comments:

  1. I am finding, too, that I no longer want to do the seam embellishments first. I used to think I had to lay them all down before beginning to bead or add motifs. Now I find that it "ain't necessarily so." Love your paisleys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your block is lovely. I never do all seams first and as I think about it I never have! :) I like to bead as I go also, it just seems to work for me.....in crazy quilting there is no right or wrong way in my humble opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always find it difficult to decide where to start my block. Recently like you I've been adding seam treatments after I add some of my silk ribbon sprays etc. Your flower grouping is beautifully stitched.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The flowerspray is so beautiful. It looks so delicate.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. I love reading your comments. I would like to reply, so please make sure Blogger has your email.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...