Sunday, January 8, 2012

Flowerspray almost finished


The flowerspray is almost finished except for some beads. I will add them when the other embroidery is finished. 


Look at this delicious silk from Stef Francis. A variegated orange that fits the orange in the block above this one.


I had a lovely piece of lace. As the color of the lace wasn't the color I wanted and the shape was just right, I drew a shape that resembled the shape of the lace.
I did the embroidery in Portugese stem stitch. You can find the stitch here.
I chose this stitch because it gives a very smooth curve.

2 comments:

  1. Very nice curves indeed! Love the flowers every time it just gets prettier and prettier!
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Somehow I had missed this. I love, love, love the flower spray! I like how you created the dragonfly on the previous post also. I may have to borrow that for one of my blocks (hope you don't mind)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. I love reading your comments. I would like to reply, so please make sure Blogger has your email.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...