Thursday, January 19, 2012

Back to the pink quilt: first leave


The outline of the leave is embroidered in closely worked coral stitch, which you find here.
I used 3 strands of Soie d'Alger 2133 light olive green


Along the lower half of the leaf I embroidered alternating chain stitch, which stitch you find here.
I used 2 threads of Soie d'Alger color 2133 light olive green and 2 threads of Soie Cristale color 5002 medium sage green
I found it a tough stitch. I had to take care not to split the thread when I went down through the same hole as silk is vulnerable. There were 4 threads in my needle, 2 shades of green that didn't differ a lot. Every stitch thay have to be swapped. It took me about 1,5 hour to stitch them. I am sure that it would be easier if you use e.g. pearl coton.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Marjolein! Oh, your stitching is just gorgeous!!! I added a link to your blog in my sidebar!

    Hugs, Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful results Marjolein! I recently purchased some Soie d'Alger and am looking forward to playing with it a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In my mind I can already see this motif working with the orange from the last block.
    Deb

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. I love reading your comments. I would like to reply, so please make sure Blogger has your email.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...