Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Crazy pink: first leave finished


The central vein is embroidered in outline stitch, you find it here.
Thread: 2 strands of Kreinik metallics pale green.
The lower half is alternating chain stitch also known as magic chain stitch.
I used one strand of olive green silk and one strand of med sage green. 
It was difficult to change colors as both greens looked alike a lot.
This variation of the chain stitch turned out to be a TAST stitch in November 2012.


Along the upper half of the leaf I embroidered german knotted blanket stitch, you find it here
Thread: 2 strands of Soie Cristal 5002 medium sage green


The whole picture


7 comments:

  1. So beautiful! I know you have said you are a slow stitcher, but with work this pretty it is worth every minute.
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, thankyou for your lovely comment on my blog, I think this block is so pretty the embroidery is exquisite I love the flower and the elegant leaf.
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I saw this carnation back in January, (why didn't I comment???) I fell in love with your embroidery and knew you were a stitcher to look out for. I was so enchanted by the pink beauty I did not study the leaf properly. Now I see there is a zigzag Magic chain.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are giving me an itch to stitch!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. I love reading your comments. I would like to reply, so please make sure Blogger has your email.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...