Saturday, December 17, 2011

My recycled easel


My husband used to paint when he was a boy. He has always kept his easel at the attic.
Since I have my "studio" at the attic, where is no room for a designwall, I thought: "mmmm, an easel is used to carry a painting, why not use it to carry a quilt?"


So I started looking for a piece of cardboard, large enough for my pink quilt.


I wrapped the cardboard in an old sheet.


Here is my pink quilt pinned on the easel. It is like a huge pincushion.
I know, the center piece is missing, I am embroidering it.

1 comment:

  1. A nice use for the easel. It is great he kept it all these years. Your quilt looks great laid out, I did not realize how many curved pieces you stitched! Sure to be a beauty!
    Deb

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. I love reading your comments. I would like to reply, so please make sure Blogger has your email.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...