Sunday, November 6, 2011

Stumpwork finish!


This is a stumpwork piece I embroidered a few years ago. Till last week I didn't feel like finishing it. The design is from "Inspirations".


You see here the used components: fabric for the back, a thin batting, a CD and a cord.


I put all on top of each other, made running stitches along the edge of the fabric and pulled it together. I sewed from one side to the other to stretch the backing tight over the CD.
The cord was pulled through the CD hole and the side of the backing.


I did the same for the front only using a thicker batting.


It looks somewhat chaotic on the back.


Then I placed the two parts on top of each other and sewed them together tightly.

8 comments:

  1. The needlework is beautiful and I love the colors. Thank you for showing us how you put it together!
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful embroidery!
    Stumpwork is on the top of my "techniques I must try" list, I am still working up the courage :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks so lovely & very nicely stitched :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your embroidery work ia AMAZING! I wish I were making a bunch of these for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm always looking for finishing ideas (as I have lots of finished stitching but few finished items) and this is a great one! Can we see a picture of the back of the finished piece too?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Unfortunately I can't show you a picture of the back.
    The back looks like the front without embroidery. The backing fabric is a bit darker than the front, you can see it on the second picture. Just imagine the two chaotic sides sewed against each other at the edges.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. I love reading your comments. I would like to reply, so please make sure Blogger has your email.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...