This is a stumpwork piece I embroidered a few years ago. Till last week I didn't feel like finishing it. The design is from "Inspirations".
You see here the used components: fabric for the back, a thin batting, a CD and a cord.
I put all on top of each other, made running stitches along the edge of the fabric and pulled it together. I sewed from one side to the other to stretch the backing tight over the CD.
The cord was pulled through the CD hole and the side of the backing.
I did the same for the front only using a thicker batting.
It looks somewhat chaotic on the back.
Then I placed the two parts on top of each other and sewed them together tightly.