Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Piecing the center block part 1


This is the center patch. I have already traced the pattern I want to embroider there.
This makes is easier to sew the encircling patches around this flower.


The first patch: sew......


and flip and iron flat.


The five patches form a pentagon in the shape of the flower.


This 20x20 cm window is very handy to see how the block will look in the whole quilt.
In the lower left corner I sew a little dark ochre patch, later I replaced it for another one because it was too dark. The picture doesn't show this clearly.
The lower right patch is a beautiful fabric, but it is too large. There I plan to sew a curved patch.

1 comment:

Thank you for visiting my blog. I love reading your comments. I would like to reply, so please make sure Blogger has your email.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...