Sunday, November 13, 2011

Finishing off the center block


I basted along the 20 cm outline and zigzagged along the edge.
That bottom right patch doesn't look OK, so I unpicked the zigzag.


A vari-overlock stitch could be better.....no! Unpick...


A super-stretchstitch........no! Unpick...
 
I decided to do a simple straight stitch first and then a zigzag. That worked better.
That pink fabric is rather weird, depending upon the light it is light pink or dark pink, it doesn't stay flat when stitched, though it glows lovely. What fabric is that? Does anyone know?

1 comment:

  1. Doing a simple straight stitch before zigzag-ing the edges is what I usually do, too. Especially when there's a satin fabric on the edge, and from what I can see through my monitor, your pink fabric looks like satin.
    The block is just gorgeous!
    Have a beautiful Sunday,
    Annamaria

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. I love reading your comments. I would like to reply, so please make sure Blogger has your email.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...