Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Ladybird finished


The wings are embroidered and cut out. Unfortunately I cut one of the wires while cutting the wings from the red fabric. I will have to sew the top left wing to the block with a few stitches.



There it is! The design is from Jane Nicholas. I found the body is too small for the wings. It is better to embroider the legs first and then attach the wings.

3 comments:

  1. What a wonderful looking ladybug. I'd love to be able to make these one day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this block and the ladybug is a nice touch! Thank you for visiting me I am following you now and I look forward to getting to know you. I am trying to find you on stitchin fingers as well to add you as a friend.
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. just seen this ladybird lovely, what a joy following your blog

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. I love reading your comments. I would like to reply, so please make sure Blogger has your email.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...