Thursday, October 27, 2011

Final embellishment

The last flower: 3 heart shaped pieces of lace, attached with some stright stitches and a big bead as center.

Tuesday, October 25, 2011


Leaves embroidered in closely worked fly stitches.

Lace flowers

Sunday, October 23, 2011


Two layers of organza fused together with misty fuse.

The four wings. They are very delicate.

The body of the dragonfly.

The finished dragonfly. Unfortunately the top left wing was damaged. There is a little hole at the top.
I am going to make a new one. I know, no one will notice, but I will ;)

Friday, October 21, 2011

Softening/hiding the left branch

I felt the left branch was still too strong, too heavy.
I decided to embroider a special type of ivy to soften it.

This is what the whole block looks now.
The red patch and the bottom right corner still need something.

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Ladybird finished

The wings are embroidered and cut out. Unfortunately I cut one of the wires while cutting the wings from the red fabric. I will have to sew the top left wing to the block with a few stitches.

There it is! The design is from Jane Nicholas. I found the body is too small for the wings. It is better to embroider the legs first and then attach the wings.

Monday, October 17, 2011


These are the wings. The wire will be covered with overcast stitch, then embroidered and cut out.

This is the body; a piece of felt covered with satin stitches.

Saturday, October 15, 2011

New spider species: pearlspider

This spider is perfect for breaking the green patch and the yellow ribbon.

These thin branches of straight stitches and french knots soften the thick yellow thread.

Thursday, October 13, 2011


These leaves are cut from greenish fabric, backed with vliesofix (wonder under?) and a second layer of fabric to make it firmer. I only stitched the central veins to the block to achieve some depth. And I added a little ladybird charm.

There are still a few "problem" areas, such as the yellow ribbon and the red patch. In the following posts they will be solved.

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

More work on the central piece

A little lace flower with beads.

Sees beads and bugle beads on the flowers on the central patch.

The center gets more accentuated.

Saturday, October 8, 2011

New attempt

This looks much better, not as stiff as the heartshape.

For now enough beading.

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Heart shape

I love the shape of a heart, so I thought it was a good idea to add one on the empty space in the yellow patch. I had just the right ribbon and beads. It coveres exactly the area I want it to cover, but look at the result on the next picture......

Sorry this picture is blurred, I forgot the macro button. I just wanted to show this picture so you can see that the heart doesn't fit in this block. I unpicked it.

Tuesday, October 4, 2011


Grass added to fill the gap between the bottom patches.

Gradually more connections are made to achieve unity.
Next I will sew a heart shape on the yellow patch.

Saturday, October 1, 2011

Adding details

Some french knots to complete the branch.

I made a connection between the top and bottom right patches.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...